Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year resolution 2014


No more new resolutions for the year,
Life begins once again on the low gear.
I won’t be here; yet I won’t be gone,
Got to work, breaking New year’s dawn.

Another year gone, now one year older,
2013 goes quietly in my archive folder,
Didn’t turn wiser, but saved memories;
Life subsists on e-diaries or lost histories.

Newer challenges and more new goals,
Need to stop writing them on toilet rolls,
Those that I never read, nor like to see,
When all is done, I am sure, you all agree.

More things to do; added to my task lists,
There is not one template that pre-exists,
You plan for one; you end doing the other,
Replan, rewrite all over; my dear brother.

Then a year would come, with December,
Then you start thinking; and remember,
You succeed in finding the list; all still blank,
Your dollars on e-cloud; but zero in bank!

I hate new years and all that are inspiring,
I am so really looking forward to retiring,
Not with dollars, plastics and e-accounts,
But with no-guilt-in-life that really counts.

Human as I am, breathing, burying, caring,
As life goes by earning, winning, un-sharing,
Today, the only checklist, that I will need,
Take it out, one at a time, life’s rising weed.

No plans work; no checklist will do things,
With life tangling between invisible strings,
Of temptations, fears, doubts and losses,
A puppet by nature, loitering race horses!

Little dreams; positive plans, smaller goals,
Goals on no toilet rolls, nor with loopholes,
Setting ones that work, ones that are real,
Will only mark those ones that really appeal.

No more new resolutions for the year,
Life must begin once again on the low gear.
I won’t be here long; yet I won’t be gone,
Got to work, breaking New year’s dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment