Saturday, May 15, 2010

Facebook Friends

Well, I took this some crazy time off,
I couldn’t wash off, and simply doff,
Friends and memories on FACEBOOK,
About their life and how they look,

You would find that idea so freaking,
What is the idea ? What am I seeking?
Well, how good would be to just see,
How these people in real life, will be,

Nick names, games, chatters, glamour,
Their styles, work, skills and grammar,
The clothes they wear, food they eat,
I told, are you ready so we can meet?

Was surprised by the responses, I got,
Some of them laughed, some forgot,
Are they really what they claim to be?
Said, I’ll pay to meet you, not for free!

Some refused, some agreed, over this,
Some scorned me, some saw an abyss,
Of what my big idea is, in asking that,
Some even refused to talk, or to chat !

278 friends, I had just two months ago,
List included even those people I know,
Now the list is just about 90 odd, oh yes,
I now know, who really cares, god bless !

Met a few of them, over the few weeks,
Smart, pretty, rude, arrogant, and geeks,
Lunch, Dinner, Movie and some for calls,
Some demanded clothes, I gifted dolls !

The list went dwindling down the drain,
Some really pretended, few were a pain,
After a few pay-off for lunch and money,
Well, I could afford only that all, honey!

5 weeks and done, with all my dreams,
I met a few, living a life on the extremes,
Agents, housewives, software and more,
Stayed one day, well, even women snore !

Back home, having a cup of tea in hand,
Living a life, so beautiful in foreign land,
Quite content now, yes, the list is fine,
The list is just a little bit over digit nine.

Warning, do not attempt this at home,
Even attempt doing it, keep your dome,
I don’t want to say what I went through,
But I liked to do it, between me and you.

1 comment:

  1. My dear friend Yuvaraj... its amazing how human beings can adapt themselves to new situations and opportunities to just not be alone. We are all survivors . Survivors of this crazy , hard, sometimes cruel, but at the same time wonderful world , because if we can still can find find love , in all extension and kind of love, here, without look on our eyes, without any touch, but only our hearts and souls, we are really fantastics, and life its not so bad as we think. I loved your poem about all of us on Facebook!!!!

    ReplyDelete