Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Handwritten Letters

I really don’t recollect when it was last,
Sometime back, or long ago, in the past,
I used to adore the trendy fountain pens,
That used to cost, much less than tens.

Often refill the pen, with Royal blue ink,
The most popular brand was, BRIL, I think,
That Hero Pen, in black, blue and green,
To write anything, in my fifteen and sixteen.

Lots of paper written, scratched and torn,
Internet revolution and e-mail was born,
Never checked my handwriting since then,
Could not write fast, even words above ten.

Love letters have never been so pleasant,
Not much Hand written mails, at present,
Striking and re-writing all that you want,
Never bothered much about specific font.

Varying heart shapes, drawn and re-drawn,
Miss you; love you, hi, hello, all now gone,
I really do miss that dark red, black cap box,
The ones that used to be on bricks or rocks.

Hand written letters showed lots of love,
That came after, the letters carriers, dove,
Emails don’t always convey what is meant,
Even though they are quickly received, sent.

I made a vow to write letters to dear ones,
Show all of my love in words and in tons,
Post office, stamps, envelopes, post cards,
Emails are just no match, to greeting cards.

Flowers, cards, water color and sketch pen,
Adorning a letter, turning boys to wiser men,
Now, I type and re-type, all emotions lost,
Not sending it later, after the word of last,

Everyone should own a pen and letter pad,
Don’t worry even if handwriting is just bad,
Try your best, and express all that in words,
Prefer being called lovers, than tech nerds,

Words chosen or written, say all that you are,
Will bring all people closer, even if they’re far,
It doesn’t matter whether ink is in red or blue,
Just send a letter nice, say,” From me to you”!

1 comment:

  1. Nah...d most popular was camel, and the second most was chelpark!
    I still remember :P

    ReplyDelete