Sunday, April 25, 2010

missing you...

This Sunday evening….

Sitting here in this restaurant lawn,
People that came in early, they are just gone,
Whatever it is that is served on this big veg platter,
Not sure if it is really something edible or one big disaster,

I miss all that we used to have together,
The time when we both had tea in bad weather,
Running together in that thunder and rain all around,
Sitting and hugging each other, loud music in stereo surround,

I see all around me, couple, joking, laughing,
I even still see people around smokin’ and coughing,
Only a few couple here around, enjoying their evening,
All I have here is a cart load of memories, that’s all I could bring,

I felt like being on top of the world with you,
I don’t even have that picture of you that I nicely drew,
Should I withdraw and go back, to see you single this night,
I’d rather have wished, that we never fought, had I set things right,

All alone here, they nod in agreement, the tulips,
I wish you’d rather had me lashed, cursed between the lips,
Without leaving me that very evening, this night that very day,
How does it matter to me, where it was in June, or April or in May ?

You are not here and I am seeing you all here,
This loneliness that I am experiencing is that I had to fear,
That made me jump up and down, crazy and mad, screaming,
That I thought you were out with someone else, and I was dreaming,

Imagined things that never happened, that did not,
You kept me happy and I just did it not do it well, my part,
Now you are gone, all I see is you flying and walking next to me,
Smiling at me, making me realize all those blunders, not setting me free,

I keep walking in this street, and I see all the lights,
Couldn’t help watching those men and wife, busy in fights,
That little boy in the street, trying to attract his mom’s attention,
That she will buy him toys, well, the unperturbed Dad, not to mention,

That little girl playing with her pink frock, that is new,
She wasn’t bothered about anyone around, not there were few,
I see him and her, she on his shoulder and he slides his hand on her face,
Love I see all around, I know it is just doesn’t matter, whatever may be the race,

Both of us then, were mad for nothing, just nothing,
The reason why we fought for, we forgot and started abusing,
It never should have ended that way, because you meant so much to me,
You turned me and made me really that somebody, I just really wanted to be,

I am here, you there and no longer with one another,
I just can’t see another woman, next to me, a wife, a good mother,
Almost back to my place now, the 34 floor apartment here, few lights on,
Everyone one of the soul here, will go back to dreams and sleep, will be gone,

When times were good, I didn’t see what was true,
Just me and my words here struggling, I pray they reach you
Someday that you come to know, I was lost and was waiting so long,
And that I realized much later, that I was the one who was so very wrong,

I wish you were here with me, warm and tender
I wish you give me just one chance, that I can really surrender,
I wish I could go back and turn things right then and there for us all,
I wish there really happened one miracle between us, so you pick my call,

This one day, has been the loneliest time of my life,
This day that’s every other single day, had I deferred the strife,
This day, I had your birthday cake ready here, candles ready to blow,
I watched them all go down, with you not around; they still went onto glow,

These lines from me here are just over long and overdue,
I wish I could end this time just the way I want, between me and you………

1 comment: