Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Boss

This poem is all about our boss,
Who sits next, around or across.
They come in a variety of forms,
Who never know about dorms!

Why does he always pick on me?
Like some cop working for LAPD?
Why does he stare at my desktop?
Slay me like a cow in butcher shop.

Forever he carps about my work,
My colleague calls him, a big jerk.
He gets his laptop and for what?
One stupid workstation is all I got!

I did better work than other guys,
That never got into both his eyes!
Why am I the sufferer all the time?
Why am I not considered prime?

I fill in my efforts in DART on time,
Is taking long breaks such a crime?
I work all day to earn his respect,
He still sees me as one big suspect!

I am sure he won’t understand me,
And I am sure on this, he’d disagree,
Do I feel that he is always partial?
Considers my life, more of martial.

One day I will make him realize this,
That, the crack between us exists!
I am seriously waiting for that day,
That employee satisfaction survey.

I will, one day, be a manager, then,
Work best like one of the wise men,
I will lead my team all by example,
Prove better in the random sample.

Ah! Now he is out of HIS boss’s cabin,
I’ll now bring out the enemy within,
But, what do I see now on this face,
His face more like a bare disk space.

He walks towards me, that dry smile,
I badly thought it was his usual style
I was planning now to shout at him,
For the dry feedback, dull and dim.

Around me now, he puts his arm,
My mind clarifies, nothing to alarm,
He asks me, to go with him for tea,
I just had no choice, but to agree.

There he tells me about HIS boss,
That he made in all, one big loss,
I thought he was one happy man,
I turned wise; Realisation began.

Bosses will remain bosses forever,
All that matter is your endeavour,
I realized my folly and that so soon,
My doubts now gone, in that noon.

All I had to do was just talk to him,
He is human too, like me and Tim,
Problems come in shapes and sizes,
If you hesitate to TALK, crisis arises!

But, I swear I’ll be a very good lead,
And I will be the best of the breed,
I will appreciate each SE in my team,
I promise not to groan, even scream !

With that, I just came back to seat,
I found one task totally incomplete,
I called this SE who is part of team,
I wanted details on the downstream.

“What? Have you still not done that?”
I was so upset on that one little brat,
I was just about to lose my control,
I bit my tongue and it burnt like coal.

I calmed down and gave him a smile,
Hehe... AM HIS BOSS NOW, on trial,
I sat with him to get the work done,
A good relationship has just begun.

Bosses will be bosses now and ever,
I will remember that now, forever,
TEAM effort works for sure, it’s true,
It includes, my manager, me and you!

Sd/
Yuva

No comments:

Post a Comment