Sunday, July 5, 2009

Name IT.. Origins

DISCLAIMER:-

The author / writer / poet / critic / whatever you pick to call him, seizes full responsibility for the posts that you get to read or get riveted into.

The writer also would like to quote that no medical claims / penalties / charges can be pressed or levied against him, in situations where you…
a) ROTFL and get hurt.
b) Gnaw your tongue with your teeth.
c) Reclining after reading, resulting in spinal cord issues.
d) Laugh so loud, that your lower jaw gets stuck to the upper jaw.

Now that we have made a tacit agreement, let’s move on.

ABOUT ME:-

People call me by different names (of course, good ones!). Yuva, Yuvi, Yuv, UV, Gaaru, Tintin, Raj, Kumar... Spectacularly so, that I apparently, turn around to see, who called me, if it weren’t any part of my name, in a crowd!

Most preferred name stays CBCD. Oh no, it doesn’t stand for any kind of secret service or some criminal detective agency, simply put, it stands for,
A Chennai Born Confused Desi and that’s how I am labeled. My Family rules the entire south, with me, the most excruciating wrong branch or leaf in my entire family tree!

Born and brought up in Chennai, primary education in Guntur (AP), later spent time in Kerala, then back to Chennai struggling to complete my Master’s Degree in Computer Applications, now in Bangalore (Karnataka) bearing the Software Engineer Tattoo all over me!

I have been known to speak English, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi, and Kannada in 2 or 3 different languages, that I have never identified myself so far.

Now, that’s boring. Let it rest for now.

NAME IT:-

Moving onto something that brought in a big of identification for me within Infosys, without which I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to sit down and exploit my 5 months of bench life.

My longest hours, weeks and months have been during this period. They say, an idle mind is the devil’s workshop. True. I went further and decided to stay with the devil, as his advocate!

Name IT, as I called it and I continue to do so.

Origins:

Frankly I never knew I could write or even read or be a spoiler.

Not a book worm. All that I remember is going to the library to see that pretty girl and spend nearly half a day during my school days; sit there, only to arrange all the books along with the librarian in the nearby, far off, tall, short, wide racks, mark entries of in and out time of books. Well, that’s easy, isn’t it?

I used to be in awe, how people can spend time reading books, sitting for hours together and then at the close of the day, I used to see them, sigh, cry, smile, laugh, slam, break, whimper, etc etc.

But, one thing I did notice. End of the day, either the pages of the books have been torn or the books are tattered for the cover page or the complete book has been missing on the whole!

Having said that, if it is still sitting on your head as to whatever happened to that girl; well… then came another one a few days later, much prettier and do I need to tell you any further?

So, that’s all about my love for books, reading and learning.

As for my penchant for women it has always been good, better, best, bester, bestest. I rank them always high and higher. That’s a deviation, rest it for now.

Beginnings:-

That was one long day, I swear. I somehow managed to spend about 4-5 hours. Post lunch; I just came back to my seat, Blank.

My hands failed to co-operate with me for the first time, with the computer keyboard and I was hunting for characters, words and lines.

My hands and my gray matter simply lay lifeless.

Brain DEAD.




No comments:

Post a Comment